Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Soap Queen's melt & pour stamp technique with cupcakes!

I love love love this technique for melt & pour soap at the Soap Queen's blog (click here for the video, click here for the non-video tutorial). I tried the two layer version this morning in anticipation of a class I'm doing this afternoon, and I think it turned out pretty well for a first time try! I love the idea of taking something as simple as a tray that once held cupcakes and making soap out of it!

I did mess it up - I didn't get the white all the way around the little lip that surrounds the clear stamp. I have to remember that for next time.

I love clear stamps - I'm just getting into card making right now because of that amazing glitter tape stuff Wanda has at her house and they're great for Shrinky Dinks with the indelible ink - and I can see this working for chocolate making as well. You can get little packages of clear stamps for $1 to $2 at dollar stores and scrapbooking shops. (Or some really elaborate ones where you get a ton of different stamps for $10 to $20). I just bought some Christmas ones - I can't wait to try the three level effect with those. And I really want to try the black iron oxide with the white and pink - I think it will look fantastic!

And I found this great chocolate mold at Scoop & Save. I bought four of them - 2 for soap, 2 for chocolate making! I didn't do the best job in the world with the painting of the soap, but I'll work on it to get better.

For both of these projects I used white soap (scented with Cream Cheese Frosting!) and the strawberry Pop mica. I figured it would be a good idea if the colours didn't bleed.

Now I just need to find a clear stamp with an atom on it and I'll be the happiest girl in the world!

No comments: