Saturday, September 19, 2009

Share your post ideas!

Although I'm really enjoying experimenting with and writing about mineral make-up, I need to take a break while I replenish my supplies and play with new recipes. So I'm looking to you - my awesome, talented, extremely knowledgeable readers - to give me some suggestions for posts!

I've had a suggestion for using powdered extracts - that's coming up - and I plan to play with Incroquat OSC (thanks, Mich, for the sample!), but what do you want to see? Are you interested in the HLB system and using other emulsifiers? Do you want to know more about surfactants? Have you fallen in love with solid bars and want to make more? Do you want more lotion-y goodness?

I know, I know, I sound like a skipping CD, but your input is vital to this blog. Without it, I wouldn't have had the great suggestion from Christine for making conditioners more slippery or how to use extracts (that's coming up)! I wouldn't have written about silicone replacements. And where would I be without Mich's great input on mineral make-up and more? I value the feedback, criticism, and suggestions you have to offer - so let me know! That little comment box helps me so much - so use it and let me know what interests you!!!


Nancy said...

Hi Susan!

I would like more information about syndet bars. ty


Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

I love syndet bars! I have done a couple of posts of them, but I'm sure I could think of more information to include! In the meantime, here are a few posts on the topic....

Formulating shampoo bars.

Using preservatives in hair product bars.

ObsidianCat said...

I would like post about HLB system and using emulsifiers (What is the best for "water in oil" and "oil in water" emulsions)

jackisayswhat said...

Yay! Extracts, thanks so much! I second obsidian re. HLB and w/o.

Esmée said...

I'm not in to make up... XD (I still read everything, but it is not for me)

But I will be very interested in the HLB system!

Caroline said...

I don't have any suggestions, just wanted to let you know how MUCH appreciated your blog is!
I love it, read it over and over. You are my idol ;-)

Caroline (Spain)

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Thanks everyone for the responses - keep them coming! I've made a few suggestions for ideas and I'm glad you like them, but feel free to make suggestions of any sort. I don't know everything about everything, but I'm always happy to research and experiment and play!

Lomond Soap said...

A review of emusifiers would be great as would more info on HLB. I've found your blog so very helpful in making creams and lotions.
Your blog has become my first point of reference when I'm stuck with something.
Thank you

Motherhues said...

I LOVE your blog :D:D You gave me the courage to start branching out in lotionmaking ;)

I would love to see a series on soap colors for cold process soap :) Naturals vs dyes vs oxides vs mica, maybe? :D

THANKS FOR YOUR BLOG! it's informative and amazingly inspiring :D

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Thanks for your very kind words and suggestions! I'm working on some syndet bar stuff and HLB and emulsification things. But keep making suggestions - I always need ideas!

Motherhues: I don't do CP soap - I figure there are so many great soapmakers out there who have perfected their craft, I'd like to give them money for their beautiful soaps. I know CP is all about chemistry - and you'd think I'd love that - but I've never actually tried it! I know, I know, it's on my list of things to do, but it's never made it on the "things I've done" list. Sorry I can't be more helpful here!

Jelena said...

Anything about essential oils. :) Especially what concentration is safe on the skin? Is it true that lavender EO is cytotoxic to human skin cells at a concentration of 0.25%? What about other oils?