Monday, August 24, 2009

Mineral make-up: Blush colour becomes foundation colour

When I posted the translucent and opaque foundation bases, I wasn't happy with the colours I had either tried or created, so I didn't post any. Now I've had a chance to play around a bit, and I wanted to share! I've been using the opaque base, but you can use the translucent base for these shades.

From the translucent base blush post...

BARELY THERE - warm shade
4 scoops titanium dioxide
3 scoops yellow iron oxide
1 scoop red (light) iron oxide
1/2 scoop ultramarine blue
1/2 tsp Micronaspheres or talc

BARELY THERE - cool shade
4 scoops titanium dioxide
3 scoops yellow iron oxide
1 scoop red (light) iron oxide
1/2 scoop ultramarine blue
12 scoops magnesium violet
1/2 tsp Micronaspheres or talc

Mix together in a bag. (If you wanted to make a larger amount, you could do this in a coffee grinder or Magic Bullet, then mix the Micronaspheres in afterwards.) This will make 3/4 tsp blush colour blend (warm) or 1 tsp (cool).

I've been experimenting with the cool shade of Barely There and brown-earth iron oxide (from Voyageur) in the opaque foundation base. I mixed 1 scoop (0.15 cc or 1/32 tsp) Barely There with 1 scoop brown-earth iron oxide, blended it well then added the foundation base in various ratios. I chose to use the Barely There as a foundation base because it's quite similar to the foundation grinds I've seen, which include yellow, blue, red, and magnesium violet.

At 4.3% colour, I still felt it was a little too much for my pale skin. I have seen recommendations for 2% for pale skin - which would work out to 12 or 13 cc to 1 scoop Barely There, 1 scoop brown iron oxide.

Want to try other blends? Then check out my linkorama post (coming later today)!

No comments: