Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Conditioner wrap up!

I can't believe I don't have a picture of liquid conditioner! For your viewing pleasure, I present two bottles of leave in conditioner!

To sum it all up, a good conditioner starts with a cationic quaternary compound as the base...
Then add your ingredients to increase lubricity, slip, and glide...
And don't forget to add those lovely extras for film forming, repair, and preserving!
Thanks for joining me for the exciting world of making your own conditioner! The good thing about making your own conditioner - the possibilities are endless! The bad thing about making your own conditioner - the possibilities are endless (and it's addictive!). My suggestion is always start with something very basic - like the recipe found here - and try it on your hair. Then add things you think your hair will like for your hair type. Try it again. This is the only way to know exactly what each ingredient brings to the party and how you like it for your hair type.

Have fun formulating!

2 comments:

Mich said...

Wow! You are a blogging fiend! M&P and MMU and conditioner! You rock!

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Well, it is MMU Wednesdays, and I hated missing last week...and I am starting a series on MMU ingredients, so I ended up posting a ton of things yesterday and today (and tomorrow....wait for it!)