Friday, August 28, 2009

Chilliwack craft group - jewellery making

This is an example of our two tiered earrings with the two loops! As you can see I am using plastic shepherd hooks because I can't wear metal in my ears!

I hope you enjoyed the incredibly chaotic class yesterday! If you're interested in learning more about jewellery making, please join us Thursday, September 17 at 6:30 to learn how to make even more elaborate earrings and bracelets!


If you think you'd like to try more jewellery making on your own, here are some links to techniques, both on this blog and on other great sites! Each one of these links below does give a ton of tutorials on other sites with these techniques!

How to make a loop in a head pin - this is an essential technique in jewellery making!

Making basic earrings - this is the one with the head pin at the bottom and the loop at the top!

Making two loop earrings - like yesterday!

Making two loop bracelets - these are the little charms we made yesterday with the eye pins so you'll have a loop at each end of the charm. But instead of dangling them from earrings, we're making a bracelet! You'll learn more about this September 17th.


Chandelier earrings (This uses the making loops things a lot! Practice making loops because this is one of the key techniques in making jewellery!)

And don't forget you can use your shrinky dinks and polymer clay pieces to make some awesome charms for your bracelets and earrings!

Now that you've learned some basic techniques, here are some great tutorials from Fusion Beads you can try at home! And don't forget - if you find something you like, post the URL here or e-mail me and let me know what you'd like to try next time!

Christmas sparkle! - here's the first page with tons of links! We are most definitely making the snowflakes for our Christmas decoration group!
Candy Cane Lane earrings - I have to have these!
Christmas tree light earrings - and you know I'll have these in every colour this year!

Monster mash earrings - I love Hallowe'en stuff!

Earrings!
Flower blossom - a two loop earring! I saw these flowers in Wal-Mart yesterday!
Creme de violet - two loop earrings. You use crystals for extra shine. Again, saw these in Wal-mart yesterday.
Cupid - you'll need three loops for this!
Fruitti - I saw all the supplies for these two loop earrings at Wal-Mart. I love giant earrings!

Very cool bracelets
Gumball - love this!

And you know I had to include the atoms and molecules bracelet in here!


Complicated things which are just awesome!
Blooming bright - done with bezels and stuff! I so have to learn how to do this! And it doesn't seem expensive at all!

Have fun!

2 comments:

Mich said...

I am so jealous of your craft group participants!
Could you start a U.S. branch?

BTW, the link for "Blooming Bright" goes to the monster earrings.

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Mich! I'd love to start a US branch! If you have a place I can stay for free, I'll run a few programs for you! I'm always up for a road trip, and I don't think you're THAT far away from me! Just let me know! :-)