Monday, February 16, 2009

Bath & body link-o-rama

I'm going to admit it...I'm having trouble being crafty this week between preparing for various groups and working too this week is going to be about links that might inspire great craftiness. It's not that I don't have a million ideas, just that my hands don't seem to want to do what I ask them to do, and I keep messing up. There's nothing wrong with making mistakes -- hey, that's how we learn, right? - but I figure I'll give my hands a break this week and gather ideas. (Evelyn Lau once said that writing is 80% observing and thinking, 20% actually writing. I think I'm in an observing and thinking mood...)

Voyageur Soap & Candle has some of the best recipes for bath & body products. Check out this section for bath products, this section for body care products, and this section for hair care products. (The bubble bath is the one we use for class, as is the body wash. The hair care section is incredible - I love the At Home Salon Conditioner and the Leave In Conditioner. I made 2 litres of the leave in this weekend with some tweaks!)

Rose bud bath melts
at From Nature with Love...add shamrocks to make it St. Patrick's Day themed!

Foaming bath salts from The Sage. As a note, this recipe makes 25 POUNDS! If you want to make less, you could mix 4 cups of salts with 1 tbsp of SLSa (known as Lanthanol at Voyageur). Mix it all together, then separate it into 100 gram batches (1/4 to 1/2 cup), then colour and scent it. You'll want to use 1 gram of fragrance oil per 1/4 cup.

And more from The Sage - magic coloured bath fizzies. They look white, but change colours in the bath! This is awesome!

No comments: