Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's Resolutions: Update, week 1

Okay, so I made some resolutions -- to be honest, I usually make my resolutions in September because that feels more like the start of a new year than January -- so let's see where I am, eh?

Organization: I received two lovely organizers as presents for Christmas. The jewellery organizer (crafty) is filled; the sewing one is on its way. I made myself a jewellery board so I could hang my jewellery. My office, however, is a disaster and I have a practicum student arriving this morning. That's the first thing I have to do today!

Not brushing my teeth so hard: Well, this is getting easier thanks to this lovely toothbrush with the 2 minute warning!

Continuing to work on my blood sugar: I made up a little book so I could chart my progress. I'm down from 18 in October to an average of 6 right now. I have to get it down further, but I think that's a great start!

Taking more photographs: Raymond has been taking quite a few, and I've been working on doing the same. We have some great pictures of New Year's Eve and of the snow. (My dad used to ask why I was taking pictures of the snow -- it looks the same every year. No, Dad, there are subtle differences...look at the powderiness of last year versus the thick snowiness of this year. Well, I guess you had to grow up in Canada to get it...)

My crafty goals....

Embroidery: Still waiting to buy the transfer pen from Michael's.
Silk screening: Soon...have to find the time.
Jewellery: Made a ton of things on my snow day! (Pictures soon!)
Perfecting buttercream: Perhaps this weekend?
Mineral make up recipes: Again, I'd like to make things this weekend. I need a new lime green!

So there we are. I'm on my way...at least for non-crafty things.

How are you doing on your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments: