Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Merry Christmas! It's finally here. All the shopping, the fretting, the making of lists, the creating of gifts -- it all comes down to's C-Day. Like little kids, Raymond and I have been up since about 4:30 waiting to see what Santa delivered under the tree. We're quietly drinking our tea, waiting patiently for my mother to wake up so the Christmas paper shredding can begin!

This demented Santa is my dad, who died in 2001. He loved Christmas. He was the biggest kid I have and will ever meet. He loved presents and always went overboard! And every year he received a giant Toblerone...which he tried to eat in one day, but never quite succeeded. So we still make sure Raymond gets the giant Toblerone as the man of the house -- a symbolic gesture, and one he enjoys very much. (Oh no, I have to eat all this chocolate!)

So Merry Christmas to you all. I hope today is filled with laughter and love and too much chocolate and merriment and presents. I have to get some AAA batteries for my's not a proper Christmas if you don't light up just a little bit, eh?

No comments: